Monday, January 13, 2014

Thing 3 : Photo Sharing

I have to start out this post by admitting that I am a photo addict. I have thousands and thousands of photos, mostly of my children. I have been known to spend hours editing, creating photo projects, and backing them up on numerous hard drives because I am terrified of losing them.

My latest obsession is the "Auto Awesome" feature embedded in Google Photos. The last time I updated Picasa on my home computer I must have somehow turned on the auto backup feature, which I LOVE, because as I said before, I'm terrified of losing my photos.

Anyway, Auto Awesome automatically creates fun new versions of your photos and videos when they are uploaded with certain criteria. You can read more of the specifics here.

If photos are taken in quick succession, it will automatically generate a .gif file. I can not get enough of these! Auto Awesome calls this feature "Motion." Here are a few of my recent favorites.


 

 
See how amazing they are!?
Below are just a few more features.
 
This photo was created using the "Smile" feature. Auto Awesome will choose the best shots of each person in your image and merge them into one photo. Basically it automatically swapped Chloe's head (the baby) from a different picture!
 

Here is the original photo from which the smile was taken

 
This next effect is called, oddly enough, "Snow" It's seasonal :)
 
 
Finally, this one is called "Mix." If you've taken a series of portraits sharing similar background elements, Auto Awesome will compile these photos into a photo booth style grid. This style works best with close-ups of faces.
 
 
I hope you learned something new from this post and I hope you have as much fun seeing what Auto Awesome can do with your photos as I have.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

1 comment: