Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thing 6: Curation Tools

I had been using Pinterest personally for about two years before I came to the realization that it also had the potential to be a very powerful educational tool as well (sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake).
Anyway this year I have been using Pinterest more and more for educational purposes as a way to find and share new content with my faculty. I created a content specific board for each subject area and shred it privately though email with each department.
I also facilitated a staff development on "Pinterest in Education". Those who attended got experience creating pins form scratch, finding people to follow related to their content area, and creating collaborative boards with colleagues within their departments.
Sometime this year I hope to get students on board using Pinterest as well. I want them to create collaborative boards to pin resources for research in groups.

Here is a link to my professional Pinterest Board.
http://www.pinterest.com/hhmslibrary/

No comments:

Post a Comment